Spotify Premium is the paid music subscription offered by one of the largest music streaming services, Spotify. We were tasked with marketing it toward a target audience that already has a high awareness of Spotify and music streaming in general. There was little differentiation between Spotify and other services, so I took a different, more topical approach. In a time with so much political and social tension, music is the thing that still unites us.
- Spotify Premium is the superior uninterrupted listening experience.
- Music connects us in a way that nothing else does.
- Music is how we bond when we don't have anything else in common.
- "Not much unites us there days. Spotify does."
- People who already use streaming services and are tired of ads
- Millennials, any gender, ages 20-35, already using a streaming service
- Three billboards in target DMAs with high Millennial populations (New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago)
- Three guerrilla executions (Snapchat filters, silent disco in airports, customized Spotify playlists only available at certain airports, mural focused on bringing people together)
- Three magazine ads
- 10 second public radio ad
- 30 second commercial radio ad